3.12.2013

CCM


Hola! I survived my first full week here at the MTC of what us spanish speakers call the CCM. I love this place. I am being so spoiled here. I sometimes see sisters outside crying and I wonder "am i doing this right?!" "am i supposed to be this happy?!" I have seriously been blessed. My companion is amazing. I love Hermana gomez with my whole heart. We have so much fun together.  She is always quoting movies. her favorite is from father of the bride 2 " MOTHER AND DAUGHTER ARE PREGNANT TOGETHER?! YOU MUST LET ME DO THE BABY SHOWER!" she does it perfectly and I now really want to watch that movie. Please all watch that movie for me. This week was great. I learned so much and had so much fun. Honestly, I am in Heaven. I hope it's not weird to love it at much as I do. My district is so close. we have so much fun together. We are usually dying of laughter. Elder stoneman is the funniest person I have ever met. I can't even describe how funny he is. Provo is going to be laughing a lot that's for sure. I know that the Lord knows how much I love to laugh and that is the reason I am in this district.
 This week flew by. Monday's are my favorite day. you get to wear pants and take naps. Today, Hermana gomez and I are venturing to the outside world to go get my blood checked at BYU. Pray I don't get married ;) On tuesday, my district had purple day or "Morado Martes" The funny thing is that it was the Elders idea. Wednesday was the most spiritual experience yet/ We watched a  video about a woman named maggie and we were able to identify her needs. She was alone and my heart hurt for her. The gospel cures all hardships. I don't know maggie but I pray that someday she can have the happiness that I feel. This is the reason I am a missionary. Oh,on wednesday I ordered a wrap, hate half of it, and then realized it had bacon in it. Started crying. Hermana Gomez was dying of laughter. I no longer eat wraps at the CE CE EME.
 Friday, brought another spiritual experience. I woke up sick on friday. Being sick here is the worst. I decided that i needed to get a blessing and Hermana Hunter ( one of my roommates) said that I needed to pray on who should give me a blessing. So I did and the name of an elder popped into my head from my district. I can't stand him. at all. but... I asked him and it was the most beautiful blessing I have ever received. He later told me that he really needed to give me a blessing and that he needed to feel needed. The Savior works through us and I didn't really mind. I'm good at being sick. 
Saturday was so fun. Our "investigator" became our teacher. my companion and I started saying " in Soviet Russsia, you no teach pedro, pedro teaches you" we think we are so funny. Anyways, Mistro Sangers was supposed to be teaching us about stress. He took everything out of his pockets and told us to follow him. We walked down the stairs and then he went out the door and started sprinting with the ten missionaries running after him. he ran around for five minutes and then a opened a door, ran up five flights of stairs, walked to the other side of the building, ran down another five flight of stairs, and back to our room. We got there and he said "now you are stress free" MOST STRESSFUL EVENT OF MY LIFE. The whole time I thought i was going to break my neck and my ankle. Later that day Mistro Snyder showed a mormon message. It was about a gardner who cut down a bush because he desired that bush be a current bush. The bush seemed to be crying " why would you cut me down" "why would you hurt me" The gardner then said that " Current bush I desire you to be a current Bush and when you are full of fruit, you will thank me" The video later said how thankful he was the lord loved him enough to hurt him. I think of my trials of my blood clots and lupus and I am so grateful that my Savior loved me enough to hurt me. I would not be the person that I am today without them.
I am so grateful for this experince. I am learning spanish, and having lots of fun. All is well. The church is true. The book is blue. 
   Hermana Fastle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. Leave a mean comment and I'll punch you!