3.12.2013

Yo No Hablo Espanol

This week flew by. I am a little shocked by how fast it went. It has been decided that I am the worst spanish speaker ever. It's really bad. I feel like I am the worst spanish speaker. ever. It's really bad. Motivation to work harder. I did however have a really cool experience with spanish. Hermana gomez and I were giving a lesson to our investigator, valentino. I was understanding nothing and I was getting so frustrated. I just randomly would say stuff that I knew would go with what I was understanding. I felt like I was adding nothing to the lesson, At the end of the lesson, I asked if he would be baptized. He looked at me and then started talking to my companion. I thought to myself "great... i blew it" We ended the lesson and left. On the way back to the classroom I started apologizing to for how bad my spanish was. I had tears in my eyes and I told her sorry I was for ruining her lesson and with my random spanish and then asking him to be baptized. Hermana Gomez got the weirdest look on her face. She said " Hermana do you understand what just happened?" "No" was my reply. She said that everything I said was perfect and when I asked him to be baptized, HE ACCEPTED. FIESTA EN MI CORAZON!. It was incredible. My companion and I had our first experience in the TRC where we teach volunteers and they give us feedback on a little sheet of paper. One of the question was " What happened during the lesson?" There response: They tried baring their testimony in spanish. Another question said " What will you take away from this experience?" She said: "I will continue to pray for the missionaries" It was so funny.
 We got new roommates. Hermana gains and Hermana Shreeve. I love them so much. Hermana Shreeve and I are basically the same person. I want sam to marry her. She is stunning.
my district is still the funniest thing to ever happen to me. The elder stoneman quote of the week: " If i didn't have a novia, there would be a lot more repentance in this district!" I die of laughter everyday. I am so happy and glad that I have chosen to serve a mission. I am so looking forward to my Visitors Center Training and getting out to Salt Lake City and sharing the knowledge that has blessed my life so much. Hopefully In better Spanish. All is well.
 The Church is True. The book is blue. all of my love.
 Hermana Ashley Fastle








No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. Leave a mean comment and I'll punch you!