3.31.2013

One Month!

This week flew by! Geesh! my time at the MTC is quickly coming to an end. So grateful for my experience here at the MTC. My district is honestly my best friend. On Wednesday, we had an "interesting" experience where we went around the room and shared one thing we like about each other. It was the longest, sweetest experience ever. Elder Taylor "broke" me when he said that he wanted his sister to be like me. It was so sweet. I can't believe that I will be celebrating a month of being on my mission. Time has flown by so fast.

 In Mark, A young man came running to the Savior and said " What shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?" The Savior replied " Thou knowest the commandment, Do not steal, do not bear false witness, defraud not honor thy father and mother" The young man replied "And he answered and said unto him, master, all these have I observed in my youth." Jesus said " One thing though lackest, go thy way, sell whatever thou hast, and give it to the poor, and though shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and take up the cross, and follow me." "And he was said at that saying and he went away grieved for he had great possessions."

I have learned this week that the "riches" in this story are sin. How easy it is for us to remember to the BIG sins that we have in our life, but how unwilling we are to get rid of the "riches" we have in our lives. The savior suffered for these sins, and the price for them is already paid. Alma 7:15 tells us " Forget the sin that easily besets us, and show your God you are willing to repent"

 We should all strive to get rid of the "riches" that keep us from truly following the saviors example. I hope to one day be able to sell my "riches" and take up the cross, and follow him"

Reminder that he already paid for these sins, so when I take up the cross, it won't be so heavy.

 The Church is True. The Book Is Blue.

 Hermana Fastle.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. Leave a mean comment and I'll punch you!