2.25.2013

Welcome to the MTC!

Hello, I am alive! The MTC is amazing! I still don't beleive that I am an actual missionary! It still feels like a dream. Every time I look at my name tag it totally takes a minute for be to comprehend that this is real life. The MTC is cray. This place has so many people here. On Wednesday, 1,000 missionaries arrived! Is that not amazing?! I am so grateful to be here. My companion is Hermana Gomez. She is 19 years old and is from Utah. She is going to Texas, Fort Worth. It's funny, because she was born in Sandy and is going to Texas, Fort Worth and I was born in Texas, Forth and I am going to Sandy. She is amazing. We work really good together. We have 3 bunk beds in our room, but only two set of companion, so we have spread out in the room. My district has some of the funniest Elders ever. I am always laughing at the jokes we come up with. We all are working really, really hard to learn Spanish. Our Teacher, Maestro Snyder is amazing. He is going to make us really great missionaries. The food here is vegan paradise. On Saturday, I found soy milk in the Cafeteria and about cried. BEST.DAY.EVER. I eat a wrap every single day in the wrap bar. I am really healthy or trying my hardest to stay healthy. We have gym period twice a week at 6:35 in the morning and once at 4:25 in the afternoon once a week. I usually just run on the elliptical. No surprise there. I love it here. I love being a missionary. The spirit here is so strong.
 
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to go school in China? I feel like the MTC is really close to that. Every second of your day is planned out.I also spend all of time climbing up stairs and swiping cards to get into every single door. I should apply for a top secret job after my mission because I am really.really good at it. You wake up at 6:30 and then you're studying until 9:30 at night. I'll never be the same. Spanish is hard. I pray everyday, for el don de lenguas. I know if I work hard and then work even harder it will come to me.
 
The mission experience is incredible. I feel my saviors love everyday i put my name tag on. I went to the temple this morning, and it was the sweetest experience. I love the Gospel so much. It makes me happy. I have been so blessed to grow up in the Gospel, and now I get to get the experience of sharing it in Spanish. We have an "investigator" named Pedro. He is from Hondorus. We are giving him the lessons...in spanish. Yo no habla espanol mucho. I'm trying my hardest to learn as much as possible, everyday.
 
It's so cool to see where everyone is going. Where the Lords needs them. I was so fustrated at first with my mission call. I wanted somewhere exotic, but the Lord has need of me In Salt Lake City. I have been reassured so many times by the spirit here that I am truly going where I need to be.
 
All is well. I am so happy. The Church is True. The book is blue.
 
Hermana Fastle.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. Leave a mean comment and I'll punch you!