4.16.2013

Pollo es carne

Welp, they kicked me out of the MTC and it was quite sad, but I did
survive my train ride. We got to the Mission home and took pictures
and ate breakfast. We then went to the Draper Temple, which sits on
the side of a hill and looked out to the valley. Elder Thomas ( one of
the AP's) was trying to be spirtual and tell us that this was all of
our mission and the first thing that popped into my head was
"everything the light touches is yours" and just started dying of
laughter. I will take something serious.one day.

I then found out that I was going to be companions with Sister
Stroud. ( I am so lucky), and then I found out that we are
whitewashing an area. (which is chaos in spanish btw)

I am living in West Jordan, Utah and living with members in a
basement and It's really nice (another plus) It's just really, really
cold.

I love the members of the ward. I love the hispanic culture. they are
my people. I can totally now see the hispanic in me . They love food,
and they love to talk. ( granted I can't understand a single thing
they are say) but I love them, I have also never received those many
kisses on the cheeck then i did this week.

Friday was probably the funniest day so far on my mission. We went to
a lady in our ward for dinner. My companion told her before hand that
I did not eat meat. We got there and she said " Usted no comer carne.
Yo comer pollo? I then explained that Pollo was CARNE, and then I ate
rice. She started asking me lots of questions about my family. I told
her that my sister was getting married and she then asked me in all
seriousness If I was getting married. I told her "maybe" She then
proceeded to tell me all of the members of the ward I could marry,
even her 14 year old son with a moustache. yes please. Oh, she was
also extremly upset when I told her that I did not a quincenera.
later, that day I got my arm stuck under my seat while we were
driving. I don't understand how I do these things. It was hilarious
and a good reassurance to me that I am still the same person.
On saturday, we went to a farewell for a missionary going off to serve
in Paraguay, she made my farwell look like a funeral. These people
KNOW how to party. Also, that morning during zone workout my companion
got hurt, and was given permission to stay home and rest. Naps are
blessings from the Lord.

Sunday was insane. We went to 5 corralation meetings. Crazy eh? The
members are so helpful and they have such a desire to help my mission.
I also bore my testimony in complete spanish and I felt like running
down from the pulpet and having a rocky moment. We taught our first
lesson last night. It was in a garage with a lady and her daughter in
law. Her son was the scariest man I have ever met. He was huge and
mean and was yelling about jesus drinking wine. It was crazy. We will
be teaching her again next sunday. It was a really big eye opener and
testimony builder to me. People really do have problems and the Gospel
and the savior's atonement can help them. I love being a missionary. I
have never been so scared walking up to people, but "in his strenght,
I can do all things"

All is well. The church is true. the book is blue. Estoy agracida por
una oportunidad a hacer la obra del Senor.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. Leave a mean comment and I'll punch you!