4.05.2013

Hasta Ver and Temple Square

Sigh, Well Tuesday came and they're gone. My district and some of my best friends have left to their mission field and I am so happy. On Monday night, we sang "Hasta Ver" ( This is what the missionaries call the Spanish Version of "God be with you till we meet again") I know that God WILL be with until we meet again. Technically, Tuesday was kind of dramatic and brought a lot of tears. Things just happen to be ten times sadder when they happen at 5 AM and it's pouring rain. Mother Nature did a pretty good job of setting the stage for a dramatic goodbye. After I hugged all of the sisters in my district and gave those elders a firm handshake, I was walking back to my residency feeling pretty low about myself. I know that my Heavenly Father really knows me, because he always teaches me lesson when I need them the most. As I was walking back to my residency, being drenched in rain, I notice that two sisters needed help with their luggage, So I helped them carry their luggage to the travel office. I know that does'nt sound like much, but it was exactly what I needed at that time. I know that when we are sad, and going through a hard time, if we put the focus not on ourselves, we can be healed. I so greatful that my Heavenly Father loves me enough to teach me these lessons when I truly do need them the most. Elder Stoneman, PROVO'S BEST MISSIONARY, left later that day. He told me that Salt Lake City was not ready for me and that I was going to do really good things. I miss my district so much. They are going to be the best missionaries. California, Texas, and Utah are pretty dang lucky.
 Welp, I began my Visitor Center training and really has been so much fun. The first day was hard to get into the grove, mainly because I was still suffering from separation anxiety but it slowly got better and seriously has turned out to be so much fun. I am so amazed at how much my Heavenly Father blesses me. He has given me so much and I in turn am so blessed to be able to serve him. This is not a sacrifice by any means. Visitor Center training is so different because we actually have the oppurtunity to talk to real investigators. We used the mormon.org chat and answered some of the questions people had. One person asked if Animals went to heaven ( the answer is yes, Doctrine and Covenants section 77) I did not realize that Visitor Center sister got to contact and teach people like this. My mission call gets better and better everyday.
On Friday, we did VC training at temple square where they gave us a missionary from temple square and we were companions for a couple of hours. THIS IS WHAT HEAVEN IS LIKE. My companion was from Argentina, we got to speak so many people who spoke Spanish. It was so fun to be able to talk to them for a little bit. My Spanish knowledge is very, very small. The sister missionaries who serve on Temple Square are so blessed. They have such a great mission. Being that it was the Friday before General Conference, the square was packed.
It's crazy to think that my time at the MTC is almost done! I leave on Wednesday. These seven weeks have taught me so much and I am not the same person who came in on February 20th. I am so excited to see who I am in 18 months after I have been shaped into the person my Father in Heaven wants me to be.
 All is well. The Church is True. The Book is Blue.
 Hermana Fastle
p.s I will still be annoying when I get home , do not worry ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. Leave a mean comment and I'll punch you!