2.04.2013

uplifting songs.

Weird things happen after you get your mission call. You get into a mindset that you are going on a mission and therefore most live by mission rules. You're up by 6:30 reading both scriptures and preach my gospel, going to the temple, exercising ( say whaaaat?!) for 30 minutes a day. Missions do strange things to people. Another thing that happens ( or what happened to me) is that music just isn't the same anymore. I decided to not listen to  Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj every single day, all day long. It's just not the same anymore. I decided that I needed to listen to more uplifting music and it made such a change in my life. My favorite radio station of all time is K-LOVE. Seriously, change the radio station in your car to this now. You will love what you hear. Since my decision to ONLY listen to uplifting music, I have found that my thoughts have been more Christ centered and that I am just a happier person. I created a list of some of my new favorite songs. 
(superbass is no longer my numba 1 go to song. who would have thought?)

1. "Gold" by Britt Nicole
This song is poppin. I dance to this all the time.

2. "Kings and Queens" by Audio Adrenaline 

3. "Worn" By Tenth Avenue North

I love this song. I feel like this song describes the hardships that
are faced by Missionaries. 


4. "All This Time" by Britt Nicole
Back to my homegirl britt, How can anyone not be in love with her songs?

5. "Hundred more years" by Francesca Battistelli
This song is just so sweet. :)

6. "Heaven is the face" by Steve Curtis Chapman
This song is really moving. I hope you enjoy it and find peace like I do
every time I listen to it. 

8. "Whom shall I fear" by Chris Tomlin

9. "Blessings" by Laura Story

This song describes how sometimes the Trials we face really are blessings in disguise.

10. "Draw me nearer" by Meredith Andrews

I saved the best for last. No words to describe how much I love this song and how much it means to me. The lyrics are so powerful. I especially love the line "never let me go" It it such a beautiful song with such a perfect message. I hope you can fall in love with this song like I have done. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. Leave a mean comment and I'll punch you!