5.01.2013

Shrimp for Jesus

This week flew by! So exciting when you are busy! Utah is no longer freezing ( it will probably snow tomorrow JUST because I said that) I don't love Utah, but I love the people, oh how I love the people. 

 This Hispanic people are my people. They are so sweet and they eat like really good food. 

So, the other day we were teaching one of our investigators, who is getting baptized with his beautiful wife in a couple of weeks ( music to my missionary ears) and he wanted to know our "diet" So, we started teaching him about the word of wisdom  and he said "wait...what about catfish?!" and we said "um, you can eat catfish" and then he said "welp, I know you can't eat shrimp, but I'll give it up for Jesus" and we quickly informed him that he COULD eat shrimp and we just told him that he could not drink alcohol or do drugs :) 

But it was just so sweet to know that he was willing to give up anything, even shrimp, to follow the Savior. I get to witness the most beautiful thing as a missionary and that is watching someone come to the realization of how much their Heavenly Father loves them. I am so blessed. 

The Church is True. The Book is blue. 

Hermana Fastle

p.s I finished my very first journal. I feel so accomplished! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. Leave a mean comment and I'll punch you!